ECO-DESIGN OF A SEWAGE RAIN WATER STORAGE PLANT IN ERMONT 95)
Client : SIARE
Location : Ermont
Project : Architectural and lanscape design of a sewage rain water storage plant
Consultants : AR ARCHITECTES, SETEC, HYDRATEC
Mission : Architectural and landscaping design HQE®
Storage volume: 6 500 m³
Electric power : 100 kW
Area : 123m²
Cost : 5 600 000 €
Date : March 2018
The eco-plant is located in a very urban site close to housing and in a school courtyard. The objective of the project was to design an eco-friendly plant with low impact on the environment. The construction is a 4,45m hight and the volume is a simple rectangle.
Wooden clading have been used on three facades and on the school facade, gabion cladding associated with the metal fence have been designed to create a continuous dialogue between the scholars and the plant. On the Southern façade, a planted wall have been implemented creating harmonious relationship between the construction and the pedestrians.
HQE® targets :
Target 1: harmonious relation between building and its environment
• The objective was to provide facades with biodegradable materials, such as steel, wood and recyclable insulation (wood wool).
• Naturals areas: vegetated wall.
Target 2: choice of integrated products and building materials
• Sustainable materials are used : aluminum cladding, wooden cladding, vegetated wall wood wool (insulation) and gabions.
Target 3: energy management
• Thermal insulation using wood wool.
• natural lighting.
Target 5: water management
• Water management by green roofs.
• Runoff water management on roads with planted slabs.
Targets 8 and 9: Hygrothermal and acoustic comfort
• Thermal and acoustic comfort is ensured with a wooden fibre insulation.
Target 10 : visual comfort
• Rustic gardens are planted all around the plant, creating harmonious relationship between the infrastructure and its surroundings.