ECO-CONSTRUCTION OF A DRINKING WATER SUPPLY FACTORY (61)
Client : Intercommunal Union of the supply of drinking water of the Houlm.
Location : Saint-Hilaire-de-Briouze (61)
Project : Design and build of a drinking water supply factory.
Consultant : AR ARCHITECTES, SOGEA, HERVE, MANGEAS, MEMBRATEC
Area : 1100m², 5400m²
Cost : 7000 k €
Date : Competition 2012
The existing environment is surrunded by mostly agricultural and wooden landscape which covers the west of Basse Normandie. The design aims to gather the constructions around a main courtyard.
Treated HEQ® targets :
Target1: Harmonious relation of the buildings with their immediate environment
• Gathering of building around a main courtyard which echoed the type of farmhouses of Normandy.
• Homogeneity of surfaces treatments of the building by using of wood cladding and green roof.
• Excellent occupancy of the large and available parcel (21 600m²), planning the future extension of the factory.
Target 4 : Energy Management
• Installation of a heat Pump: diminution of the current cost of energy, good air circulation in the builging (constant temperature in every room).
• Canadian well complemented by a mechanical double flow ventilation system, for cooling and dehumidification in summer and for heating in winter.
• Access of natural lighting optimised by a provision of light from the sky in every room thanks to the lag between green roofs.
Target 5 : water managment
• Roof storm water treatment by green roof.
• Runoff water treatment by vegatal ditchs. The storage volume of the main ditch will be 216 m³, which corresponds to a volume of one hour of rain durinf 10 years.