ECO-ENVIRONMENTAL AND LANDSCAPING DESIGN OF A WASTE WATER TREATMENT PLANT IN VILLIERS-SAINT-FREDERIC (78) “LIVING IN THE CANOPY”
Client :Inter-communal sanitation syndicate of the region of Neauphle le Château (SIARNC)
Location : Villiers Saint Frédéric (78)
Project : Desing concept, Architecture HQE® and landscaping
Consultant : AQUALTER, BOUYGUES, TECHFINA, BERIM, AR ARCHITECTES
Area : 2 000 m²
Cost : 20 000 000 €
Date : Competition 2017
The project’s design aim was to create a perfect harmony between the existing green site and future industrial building. The operating building objectives was to cross the river “La Mauldre” and to create a very strong link into trees and nature; an if the building wad inhabiting nature “Living in the Canopy”. The operating building was designed in a bioclimatic orientation. It is very well insulated and constructed with a wooden timber frame. The roofs are vegetated and the upper roof has nests for birds and hives for bees. A pedestrian educational pathway was designed for scholars to show awareness on environmental issues and biodiversity restoration in an industrial plant.
HQE® targets :
Target 1 : harmonious relation between building and its environment
Quality of outdoor spaces for users:
• The aim is to propose a treatment of the facades of the building by the use of biodegradable materials, such as steel, gabion or wood.
• Views on natural areas: green roofs, green wall and on river “Mauldre”.
• Re-enhancement of the site’s fauna and flora.
Target 2: choice of integrated products and building materials
• Metal cladding, wooden cladding, green wall, crosslaminated timber (CLT) roof, wood structure walls , Steel piles with recycled insulation with hamp and recycled cellulose.
Target 4: energy management
• Bioclimatic greenhouse
• Solar thermal panels
• Thermal insulation in wood fiber panels
• Water-water heat pump
Target 5: water management
• Permeable green roofs are designed on the top of each building
• Hollow core slabs recovered by plants are designed on the roads.
• Rainwater is managed by plants and infiltrated into the soil.
Target 8 et 9 : Hygrothermal and acoustic comfort
• Thermal and acoustic comfort is guaranteed by the green roof and wood fiber insulation.